Advertise Your Product or Service
Do you have a product or service which you would like to advertise to people who are touched by Myositis?
UnderstandingMyositis.org is a website operated by Myositis Support and Understanding (MSU), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. MSU and its website focus on education, advocacy, assistance, and support. In a nutshell, we want to bring about better understanding of all aspects related to living with Myositis. The target audience for our website is:
- Patients with a form of Myositis, and often other autoimmune diseases
- Caregivers, Care Partners
- Family members
- Friends and co-workers
- Medical Professionals
Most Myositis patients experience muscle weakness, which impacts leg, arm, and hand strength, often necessitating the use of assistive devices and other helpful products. Additionally, Myositis patients frequently have other concerns such as skin rashes, difficulty swallowing, lung disorders, and treatment-induced health issues.
Patients with Myositis and their caregivers are interested in products such as:
- Durable Medical Equipment such as:
- toilet and seat risers, and bidets
- lift chairs
- grab bars
- shower chairs
- scooters, wheelchairs, and accessories
- reachers and grabbers
- Clothing: both sun protective and adaptable for physical disabilities
- Nutritional supplements for Dysphagia and feeding tube patients
- Oxygen products for lung-related issues such as Interstitial Lung Disease, Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Home infusions and supplies (many receive IVIG home infusions)
- Diabetic products due to steroid-induced diabetes
MSU takes pride in its easy-to-understand, well-organized website packed with sought-after information including symptoms, treatments, side effects, complications, and overlap diseases. The site also provides links to important resources and personal stories shared by Myositis patients and caregivers.
We encourage you to explore the website, especially the detailed sections for each type of Myositis, to better understand issues which Myositis patients encounter.
If you have a product or service which you would like to advertise to those who visit our website, please use our contact form where you can enter detailed information.