- This event has passed.
Myositis Patient Video Support May 6, 2020 – 7 PM ET
May 6 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm EDTFree
May is Myositis Awareness Month
Theme: High Fives from the Heart
MSU is celebrating its 5th anniversary as the heart of the myositis community.
Keeping you informed and supported during the COVID-19 pandemic
Support sessions are never recorded. These are private, real-time video support sessions and not the educational sessions we provide from time-to-time.
Join fellow myositis patients for a private, real-time group video support session and share your challenges, hopes, fears, circumstances, ask questions and talk to others going through the same or similar situations, including the emotional aspects of myositis life.
This session is for all myositis patients, including those living with polymyositis (PM), sporadic inclusion body myositis (sIBM), dermatomyositis (DM), clinically amyopathic dermatomyositis (CADM), antisynthetase syndrome (AS), immune-mediated necrotizing myopathy (IMNM), adults with and parents of children with juvenile dermatomyositis (JDM), nonspecific myositis, and overlapping myositis with other conditions such as with mixed connective tissue disease.
This session is held on the first Wednesday of each month at 7 PM Eastern Time.
When discussing COVID-19, to keep all of our members safe and comfortable, and to protect the integrity of the conversation, we will continue to enforce the rules we put in place during our first session (see below). We will have a no-tolerance policy for these rules and thankfully have not had to use them. We will give one warning and then will ask you to leave the session if you will not comply. We are not equipped to answer the questions about science or conspiracies, and therefore must ask that they are left at the door.
What this video support session will NOT be:
- A debate about the science of COVID-19
- A political discussion
- A conversation about conspiracy theories
- Medical advice (beyond what is listed as criteria to call your doctor)
What we hope this video support session will be:
- A chance to voice your fears among similarly situated people who understand
- A place to get ideas for staying sane while practicing social distancing
- A chance to get ideas for staying safe if you must continue participating in the outside world
- An opportunity to see that you are not alone.
We believe that by following the CDC and WHO guidelines and local and state requests we as a society will weather this storm. Please join us.
Privacy, Trust, and Behavior
To keep everyone feeling safe, here is a list of our general, but important, policies.
- Anything shared in the video support group session stays there! Just as in our closed online support groups, we trust that you will follow this strict rule. No sharing of private discussions outside of the video support session.
- When sharing, we ask you to be mindful of time.
- We will not debate or discuss politics or religion, nor will we provide medical advice.
- Anything shared should be audience-appropriate. We will not tolerate foul language, hate speech, bullying, inappropriate comments or jokes, or the promotion of any outside services, products, websites, or other online links that are not related to our discussions.
- The views and opinions of session Hosts and Co-hosts are not that of Myositis Support and Understanding (MSU).
Details to join
May 6, 2020, 7:00 PM Eastern Time
(6 PM Central, 5 PM Mountain, 4 PM Pacific)
Join Zoom session with video
Meeting ID: 685 422 893
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,685422893# US (New York)
+16699006833,,685422893# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 685 422 893
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ady5CTmDP6
Joining from outside the U.S.? Use this time zone converter
Video support with text chat
The technology we use for video sessions, Zoom, also includes a text chat option available to you once you join the session.
If you are not comfortable talking and you want to ask a question or share an experience, you can type it in the chat area where all participants can read and reply. We also use the chat area to share important links and resources, guidelines for the session, and other helpful information.
You can find the button to open the chat area (see picture below) in the Zoom toolbar located at the bottom of the application.