- This event has passed.
#MyositisLIFE: Parenting with Myositis
October 1 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm EDT
Myositis Support Parenting with Myositis!
October 1, 2022
3 PM ET / 2 CT / 1 MT / 12 PT
Quarterly “Parenting with Myositis” group on Clubhouse
For parents, grandparents, guardians, and anyone else living with myositis and raising children
We understand your kids may be living a much different life than their peers, and that you are living a different life than other parents. Share your experiences, tips, and things you have done that may help us all improve our children’s lives and our own lives as parents. We can learn from and support each other!
You are never required to speak so feel free to join and listen in or join to share.
Parenting with Myositis sessions on Clubhouse for 2022 will be held in September and December starting at:
3 PM Eastern Time
2 PM Central Time
1 PM Mountain Time
12 PM Pacific Time
Disclaimer: Nothing provided in the group is medical or mental health advice. Safety first. Talk to your doctor and physical and/or occupational therapist about movement that you can safely do at home. If you have a prescribed eating plan through a Registered Dietician, you should follow that plan. And if you have kidney disease, you likely have a specialized eating plan with lower protein and absolutely need to continue with that. Your treating physician’s prescribed advice is the guidance you need to follow.
New to Clubhouse?
Here are some quick steps on how to join Clubhouse, a free, audio-only app.
There are several ways you can get on Clubhouse. Below is just one.
- Click here to join the Myositis Support club. This will open a window where you can click to get the app.
- Or, visit the app store for your device and search for and install “Clubhouse.”
- Open the app and create your profile. Photos are encouraged, and having something in your bio is helpful.
- Once you join the Myositis Support club, you will receive notifications in the app when our rooms open. And, you can also see our schedule of rooms, be notified of pop-up rooms, and more.
- When you join us in a Clubhouse session, you can listen or share. We welcome the entire Myositis Community!
Using Clubhouse on your computer/laptop
There is third-party software, Clubdeck, that you can download and install on your computer to use Clubhouse. Clubdeck is available for Windows and Mac OS. You can only be logged in on one device, however. So if you use Clubdeck, you won’t be able to have Clubhouse on your device running at the same time. Check out Clubdeck here.