- This event has passed.
It’s a Myositis Thanksgiving, Video Support and Games
November 26 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm ESTFree
The holidays this year are going to be different due to the pandemic. Holidays are difficult for many of us living with myositis, whether we have family or not. Our disease can be so isolating, and adding COVID-19 to the mix means we might not get to see or spend time with our traditional, local family and friends. But we can spend it together with our MSU family!
We invite you to spend your Turkey Day with us and enjoy some fun and games, and lots of laughter! Register to get the information to connect with us via Zoom on Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 26th, starting at 7 PM ET (4 PM PT). This get-together will last at least 2 hours, so if you cannot make it at 7 PM ET, join us when you can.
We will have open discussion and video support starting at 7 PM ET. At 8 PM ET, we will create breakout rooms for teams and we will play trivia!
Don’t leave out your caregiver! Feel free to have them join with you! We will have various breakout sessions throughout the evening, including one for caregivers.
This session is for all myositis patients. Support sessions are never recorded. These are private, real-time video support sessions and not the educational webinars we provide.
Registration is required. After registration, you will receive an email with details to join. See the link to register at the top of this page.
Trivia at 8 PM ET
About playing Trivia
In an effort to make the game process a little easier to follow, please read the information/tips below prior to attending the trivia session.
- If you will be using a PHONE or IBM (rather than a laptop or PC), you will need to download Google Apps to actively participate. There is no cost.
- If you do not want play, you are welcome to simply watch and cheer for your favorite team(s).
- Please arrive on time, by 8 PM ET (5 PM PT). This will ensure everyone’s understanding of the process and established rules for the evening.
- If you are familiar with Google Sheets/Excel, please consider volunteering to be your team’s captain. The team captains will be responsible for typing your team’s answers and toggling between screens.
- Please think about some options for your “team name” and be prepared to share those with your teammates.
- No cheating. This includes Googling, using any kind of reference materials (printed or otherwise), asking for answers from someone not on your team, etc.
- Players will be given 3-5 minutes for each question. They will be sent to a Breakout Room to answer the question, and when time is up, everyone will be brought back together in the Main Zoom Room.
- Answers will be checked and scored by co-host(s).
- Poll questions in between rounds do not count towards points for your team and are just for fun!
- HAVE A GREAT TIME AND MAKE NEW FRIENDS!
Events are listed in Eastern Time. Find the time in your timezone with this time zone converter.
Policies for discussions of COVID-19
When discussing COVID-19, to keep all of our members safe and comfortable, and to protect the integrity of the conversation, we will continue to enforce the rules we put in place during our first session (see below). We will have a no-tolerance policy for these rules and thankfully have not had to use them. We will give one warning and then will ask you to leave the session if you will not comply. We are not equipped to answer the questions about science or conspiracies, and therefore must ask that they are left at the door.
What this video support session is NOT:
- A debate about the science;
- A political discussion;
- A conversation about conspiracy theories;
- Medical advice (beyond what is listed as criteria to call your doctor).
What we hope this video support session will be:
- A safe space to voice your fears among similarly situated people who understand;
- A place to get ideas for staying sane while practicing social distancing, isolation, or quarantine;
- A chance to get ideas for staying safe if you must continue participating in the outside world;
- An opportunity to see that you are not alone.
Session Privacy, Trust, and Behavior
To keep everyone feeling safe, here is a list of our general, but important, policies.
- Anything shared in the video support group session stays there! Just as in our closed online support groups, we trust that you will follow this strict rule. No sharing of private discussions outside of the video support session.
- When sharing, we ask you to be mindful of time.
- We will not debate or discuss politics or religion.
- Anything shared should be audience-appropriate. We will not tolerate foul language, hate speech, bullying, inappropriate comments or jokes, or the promotion of any outside services, products, websites, or other online links that are not related to our discussions.
The views and opinions of session Hosts, Co-hosts, and Volunteers are not that of Myositis Support and Understanding (MSU).