MSU celebrates its 1st birthday as a nonprofit!
A week-long celebration of YOU
Happy Birthday Myositis Support and Understanding Association Members! Did you know that our 501(c)(3) non-profit is turning one year old today (July 30)?
To celebrate, we want to celebrate YOU, the members that make MSU the success that it is! For the next week use our special coupon code “msumember” to take 15% off your purchase in the MSU store at UnderstandingMyositis.org/shopping.
Also, for the next 365 days, we will keep celebrating YOU…any member who has their birthday in our records AND replies to their Happy Birthday message in our Facebook group on their special day will receive a unique, one-time use, coupon code via private message to receive 10% off on YOUR special day. It is our way of saying, “thanks for being with us and helping MSU continue our mission to improve the lives of Myositis patients!”
Some of what we have achieved during our first year
With your support and our all volunteer-managed board of directors and member volunteers, we have accomplished quite a bit in our first year as a nonprofit organization. Below are just some of the things we have done and know we have a clear vision for the future.
- Created the first-ever closed Inclusion Body Myositis support group on Facebook
- Launched the first Myositis Video Chat Support Program
- Launched the MSU Myositis Patient Financial Assistance Program
- Created our Medical Advisory Committee
- First Myositis Laughter Yoga group that meets monthly through our Video Chat Support program.
- Huge expansion of our website to include more education, social tools, and easy ways to share materials with family members, friends, and the public.
- Worked together with Dr. Agarwal in creating a clinical trial survey to assess feasibility in using smartphones and smart tablets in clinic trial recruitment and patient reported outcomes.
- As an organization that focuses on the day-to-day lives of Myositis patients, we started a #MyositsLIFE campaign, with huge success, that will continue to be a part of our platform.