Announcing the new IndeeLift HFL-FTS – the Human Floor Lift, inspired by and designed with IBM and myositis patients in mind
Falling is one of the most worrisome aspects of Myositis, especially for those who have Inclusion Body Myositis (IBM). Frequent falls are usually an indication of the progressive nature of the disease and the need to think about fall prevention techniques and devices to minimize falls and keep you safe.
But what if you do fall around the house? How do you plan for such an emergency and minimize the stress and concerns for both you and your caregiver?
A Device To Lift You Up!
Known as the “People Picker Upper”, the IndeeLift is the tool you need to safely get yourself up off the floor after a fall and prevent injury to yourself or your caregiver. The IndeeLift can be operated by you with the remote control or with assistance and is the only convenient and mobile fall recovery device in the world.
The New 30” IndeeLift HFL-400-FTS
The current residential IndeeLift lifts you off the floor to a height of 23” but that was not enough to help IBM patients, so Steve Powell, founder of IndeeLift sought out the help of several inclusion body myositis patients, IBMer’s, to adapt the current lift to meet the needs of Myositis patients, now lifting to a standing position. And IndeeLift is offering the HFL-400-FTS exclusively to members of MSU!
How to enroll in this special offer
Register for your free MSU membership, or log in to view this IndeeLift special program.
IndeeLift is partnering with MSU and making the new IndeeLift 30” HFL-400-FTS available exclusively to members who have IBM and other types of Myositis with severe muscle weakness for a limited time, as production of the new lift ramps up.
Because IndeeLift is committed to helping the Myositis community, these machines are available at a steep discount, first to those who need them most.
Member Discount, IndeeLift 30“ HFL-400-FTS
The HFL-400-FTS List Price is $3495. Through this program, IndeeLift is offering a discount to MSU members that includes free shipping to anywhere in the continental United States. IndeeLift will deliver the HFL-FTS to MSU members for $2850 and applicable taxes. (IndeeLift is a California company. CA sales tax will apply for CA residents, discounts do not apply to insurance-funded purchases).
And, a donation to Myositis research
And because IndeeLift is passionate about improving people’s lives, and is committed to working with the Myositis Community, for each machine sold in our community, IndeeLift will donate $200 for Myositis Medical and Patient-Centered Research and Development.
IndeeLift will provide $1,000,000 to Myositis research for every 5,000 lifts utilized by our community. IndeeLift will commit an extra $1,000,000 when they have shipped 20,000 HFL-FTS machines, raising the total committed to Myositis research to $5,000,000!
If you are in need of an IndeeLift HFL-400-FTS, log in to your account or create your free membership to access the link.
Watch Kevin Dooley’s IndeeLift Demonstration
Kevin Dooley is living with inclusion body myositis and is the founder of Cure IBM. In this video he shares a demonstration of the benefits of the IndeeLift, including some creative ways to use this lift.
Falling is one of the most worrisome aspects of Myositis, especially for those who have Inclusion Body Myositis (IBM). Frequent falls are usually an indication of the progressive nature of the disease and the need to think about fall prevention techniques and devices to minimize falls and keep you safe. But what if you do fall around the house? How do you plan for such an emergency and minimize the stress and concerns for both you and your caregiver?
The newest IndeeLift HFL-FTS has been designed specifically to address fall-recovery concerns and as a practical tool for day-to-day use for those with IBM, other types of myositis, and those with similar mobility management issues. This tool is designed to be self-operated or single-caregiver-assist-operated to pick a human of up to 450 lbs. from the floor to a fully standing position. This patented tool has design features for those with many mobility issues caused by a number of medical conditions.
While getting up after a fall was the primary reason to consider having an HFL-FTS, the day-to-day challenges of moving about in a normal home with IBM/Myositis are overwhelming, imprisoning, and take away independent movement around the home.
After hearing several details regarding the practical mobility issues of people living with IBM, IndeeLift designed and field-tested what has now become the HFL-400-FTS. This was all accomplished with the support and input of many in the Myositis community including Jerry King, Cindy King, Kevin Dooley, Jim Mathews, Carolyn Estes, Jim Cook, Dave Mochel and others.
The New HFL-FTS is designed to go anywhere, in just about any house, to assist with getting up or getting down from the couch or bed or desk or commode or somewhere out in the garden.
The HFL-FTS will provide years of assistance for the patient and their family and caregivers allowing many who have had their ability independence taken away to regain substantially greater mobility, safety, and freedom in the home.
IndeeLift, in partnership with Myositis Support and Understanding (MSU), is so very happy to introduce this great program that has been developed to benefit those struggling with inclusion body myositis (IBM) and other forms of Myositis that reduce patient mobility.
The HFL-FTS machine is the cornerstone of the plan to generate substantial money for future R&D of patient-focused, progress-making, compassionate research directed at slowing or curing this family of diseases. The HFL-FTS was specifically developed to meet the day-to-day mobility requirements of those with IBM. Our field testing was focused on IBM and great improvements in functionality were achieved in the effort to address the long-term needs of those with degenerative muscular disorders.
While the Self-operable HFL-FTS applies to many conditions, IndeeLift is a small company that needs some time to ramp up production to meet the needs of the general home care market. Consequently, since we developed the HFL-FTS for IBM and there is a true day-to-day need for a very high percentage of IBM patients for a very long duration, IndeeLift has committed to providing HFL-FTS to the myositis community through a free registration on the MSU website.
In a nutshell, IndeeLift is offering the HFL-400-FTS exclusively to members of MSU, until such time that those in this community have all received the needed lifts. IndeeLift has committed to deliver up to 20,000 HFL-FTS at a discount with free shipping to anywhere in the continental United States. The HFL-400-FTS List Price is $3495. IndeeLift will deliver the HFL-FTS to MSU members for $2850 and applicable taxes. (IndeeLift is a California company. CA sales tax will apply for CA residents, discounts do not apply to insurance-funded purchases).
Along with providing a newly-invented lift, engineered specifically for this application, that is deeply discounted and directly impacts day-to-day living for all who need it, IndeeLift will donate even more dollars for each machine placed in the community. IndeeLift will provide $1,000,000 to Medical R&D and Patient-Centered research for every 5,000 lifts utilized by this community. IndeeLift will commit an extra $1,000,000 to R&D when we have shipped 20,000 HFL-FTS machines, raising the total committed to the community to $5,000,000. There is a contingency plan should we not have enough sales in the community.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are there other forms of financial assistance to help me pay for the HFL-FTS?
Yes, there are ways we can help ensure you get this machine. Please be sure to reach out if your insurance will not cover this machine.
- Myositis Support and Understanding (MSU) provides a financial assistance program for qualified Myositis patients that covers up to $1,500 on assistive devices: https://understandingmyositis.org/programs/financial-assistance-program/
- IndeeLift Customer Service can also help identify other financial assistance options. When you sign-up on the IndeeLift site, indicate order Option 3 and IndeeLift will call you.
Will Medicare or private insurance cover the HFL-FTS?
- It depends on the insurance company and how you go about the process. The way to present this is to ensure it comes from your doctor as medically necessary.
- If you are a Veteran and are receiving Veteran Benefits, the machine is covered.
When will the HFL-FTS be available?
- IndeeLift has begun the process of building the first 500 HFL-FTS machines. The first five hundred will be built as required by this private access offer and begin shipping from our factory in Livermore CA in early August 2021. The number of people participating in this program will determine the speed in which IndeeLift ramps up manufacturing for this model.
- Delivery will depend on priority based on the order option you request on the IndeeLift private access information form.
Is there a number to call if I have questions about the IndeeLift HFL-FTS?
Contact IndeeLift Customer Service at 844-700-5438
I can’t access the IndeeLift private access information form from the MSU website. Who do I contact?
- To access the private access information, you must be logged in to your free MSU account. If you have not yet, you can create your free registration at Understandingmyositis.org/register.
- If you need assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is this offer just for IBM patients?
No, the offer is for anyone with Myositis. While other forms of Myositis are not typically degenerative in nature, frequent falling and muscle atrophy can be symptoms that leave the patient’s mobility impaired, impact the quality of life, and are a safety concern for both the patient and caregiver or for patients living alone who want to retain their independence.
How do I know when I need the IndeeLift HFL-FTS? What is the IBM-FRS?
- The Inclusion Body Myositis Functional Rating Scale (IBMFRS) consists of 10 questions about a patient’s ability to perform daily activities, such as walking, dressing, and handling utensils. Each question is answered using a number from 0–4. The numbers are added up to give the total score, with 40 being the highest possible.
- See this excellent article on Kevin Dooley’s Cure IBM site for more information on how the measurement tool works and can be used to determine the progression of muscle atrophy.
The IndeeLift looks like a great machine for fall recovery. What else can help with fall prevention?
- Frequent unexplained falls are often a reason people seek medical attention. Fall prevention is an important factor in staying safe with inclusion body myositis and preventing injury to either the patient or caregiver.
- Use assistive devices for mobility (cane, walker, rollator, wheelchair).
- Remove clutter in walkways like rugs, children and pet toys, and other items that may get caught on your foot when walking.
- Using grab bars, shower seats, and transfers for bathing can help keep you safe.
- Use of orthotics may help prevent falls.
- Having an alert system can be comforting for loved ones and can assist patients in case of falls. Google Home and Amazon Alexa both have these features. Programs such as a life alert system can also be beneficial.
- View the MSU Exercise-in-Place Series – Fall Prevention and Response.
Thank you to IndeeLift, an Empowering Myositis Sponsor
At MSU, the heart of the myositis community, we are working to improve the lives of and empower myositis patients and caregivers. We have talked with Steve Powell, and several “test” users of the product, and we believe this product can truly improve the lives of patients and caregivers, and provide you both some peace of mind.
Steve Powell, Founder and CEO of IndeeLift says, “IndeeLift was created to help people safely live through the horrors of falls and recovery caused by a plethora of medical afflictions and conditions. The opportunity to design a tool that is a game-changer in solving that problem in home safety for the world is a blessing.
The opportunity to really understand some of the physical challenges of IBM has allowed a focused group to create a machine that is the beginning of a new chapter in day-to-day living in the world of IBM/Myositis. That is a spectacular blessing that has caused IndeeLift to commit to being a corporate sponsor of MSU and others who are working to support the Myositis community across the planet!”
Join us with Steve on October 2nd in Henderson, Nevada for the 3rd Annual Myositis Empower Walk.