Apply to join the MSU Myositis Awareness Planning Committee
Please use the form below to apply for a position on our volunteer awareness planning committee.
The confidentiality form is required to be considered.
“Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.” — Elizabeth Andrew
Myositis Awareness Month is rapidly approaching (May 2018), and MSU is looking for volunteers to serve on a special committee for Myositis Awareness planning. This committee could provide you an opportunity to use your talents and abilities in the planning and implementation of the 2018 Myositis Awareness campaign. We are looking for members with these qualities:
- Members with artistic ability for promotional materials and print/web graphics.
- Members with writing ability; long form articles, short social media posts, etc.
- Members should have experience with web tools such as Google Forms, Microsoft Office, spreadsheet programs such as Excel and/or Sheets, and others and should have at minimum general computer skills and general understanding of navigating the web and social media.
- Members should have the ability to organize multiple tasks.
- Members should be comfortable reaching out to patients, physicians, companies, and other individuals about our plans and with specific requests.
This will be a working committee, and as such requires the following commitments from its members:
- Ability to meet semi-monthly via video and/or telephone conference call during the early-to-mid afternoon hours (or early evening).
- Can commit to providing up to 5 hours a week through the end of May 2018.
- Members who will follow through on strict deadlines and reach out for help well before the due date if needed.
- Members who can begin around Feb. 20th.
Committee membership is open to the public, Myositis patients, caregivers, family members and friends. Members should have a good understanding of Myositis. Members will be representatives of MSU, so we are looking for members who embrace and will promote our mission and vision, and act with professionalism, while having fun planning and executing this important event.
If you would like to help raise awareness of this rare disease, have some free time, and are willing to put in some work, this volunteer opportunity is for you!
Join our email updates and newsletter
Subscribe to our general myositis-related email updates. If you are a member of MSU, you will automatically recieve these updates and there is no need to subscribe here. To register for your free MSU membership and access to The Myositis Community Network, visit UnderstandingMyositis.org/register