What is the Mayo 4 Myo Challenge?
This challenge, created to raise awareness of the group of rare diseases referred to as simply myositis, is simple – Eat a heaping spoonful of mayonnaise on video.
According to Stephen Moore and friends, who started this challenge, #Mayo4Myo was a catchy name and easy to remember. Then, Mayo, when swallowed by the spoonful, can represent some of the uncomfortable and undesirable effects that many of us have to go through on a daily basis living with Myositis. It is really a good way to raise awareness of Myositis.
Challenge your family and friends today!
- Create a video of you eating a heaping spoonful of Mayo, adding some wording so that others know where to donate (SupportMyositis.org/donate) and then challenge your friends and family on the video and in your video post by tagging them.
- If you upload your video to YouTube, we are able to share it on all of our social networks to help raise even more awareness.
- If you don’t have a YouTube account, it is easy to create one or you can simply post your video on your FB wall with the hashtag below.
- When you post your video, include #Mayo4Myo so we can track how well we are reaching our goals.
- Be sure to share your video on all of your social networks!
If you challenge someone and they decline, they can donate to MSU as this challenge benefits Myositis Support and Understanding Association, Inc.
Remember, the more you share and challenge others, the more awareness and donations will be generated! Donations are tax-deductible as we are a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit!
(If you are allergic to mayonnaise or any ingredients contained within, do NOT do this challenge.)