Myositis Support and Understanding: Social Networks
Subscribe to and follow our social networking sites to learn more and become involved with MSU. Share updates about Myositis and MSU with your friends and family to help promote education, awareness, and support.
Social networking is one of the BEST ways you can help others to understand Myositis and help us to promote awareness.
Follow our Social Networks
Help spread the word, learn new information and share with your family and friends!
Promoting Myositis Education & Awareness
Helpful tips on spreading the word about myositis and MSU
Help with Social Networks: Basic to Advanced
To set up and share your videos on YouTube, there are a few things that need to be set.
1. If you don’t have an account, visit YouTube.com and create an account.
2. Or, if you have an account, login and click Upload in the top right corner and choose Public. (In order to share your video it must be marked Public)
3. In the settings box, be sure to add these:
- Give your video a descriptive name using keywords (i.e. Myositis, Rare Disease)
- Add a description to your video that will help others to find it. Again, keywords are important.
- If you didn’t do this step above, set the video to Public. If it is set to anything other than Public, we will not be able to share the video.
4. Once your video is uploaded, you can use the Share feature to get the link and then you can post it to Facebook or any other networks you are on. Always include #myositis in the post if your video is related. We can all track your myositis videos by clicking on that hashtag/keyword.