MSU partners with NeedyMed’s to provide prescription discounts
On August 1, 2018, as part of its continuing effort to empower the myositis community, Myositis Support and Understanding Association, Inc. (MSU) has entered into a partnership with NeedyMeds to provide members with access to prescription discounts through the NeedyMeds Drug Discount Card.
A part of the determination to partner with is based on its status as a national non-profit and its like mission, “dedicated to educating and empowering those seeking affordable healthcare,” similar to that of MSU.
More programs from NeedyMeds
- Prescription Assistance Programs (PAP) that provide the most savings for brand name prescription medications. Help may be available if you need help completing an application for a Prescription Assistance Program.
- The $4 Generic Discount Drug Program is a great resource for finding generic medications for a discounted price.
- In need of Affordable primary and preventive care? Search the free/low-cost or sliding scale database for convenient locations for medical, dental, mental health or substance addiction clinics.
- Search the Coupons & Rebates section and connect to discounted over-the-counter drugs, prescription medicines and medical supplies.
- Diagnosis-Based Assistance database. Here you can find programs that will help you afford medical needs such as medical equipment, respite care or living expenses while receiving treatment.
- Government Programs section is another important destination to search for Government Funded healthcare programs – and other helpful resources – in your state.
More Prescription Assistance Programs
There are times when we may need financial assistance for the prescription drugs we take to treat Myositis. We have included a list of some popular programs that may be able to help.
Ig Assistance Programs
For Gammaplex IVIG patients
Other Assistance Programs
The Assistance Fund
Provides eligible underinsured individuals with financial assistance to cover all or part of the individuals’ out-of-pocket cost for supported medications. These programs give individuals the ability to afford their medications.
To apply, visit https://tafcares.org/patients/covered-diseases/
Rx Outreach is a fully-licensed nonprofit mail-order pharmacy. MSU members have reported to us that this is a great resource for lower cost medications.
To enroll, visit http://rxoutreach.org/how-to-enroll-in-rx-outreach/
Patient Advocate Foundation
A pharmaceutical co-payment assistance program for insured patients suffering from chronic pain (866) 512-3861
Partnership for Prescription Assistance
Search for prescription assistance programs by state
(888) 4PPA – NOW
Program of Eli Lilly to help indigent patients without insurance. Requires no fees.
Together RX Access
Patient assistance program for those who do not have drug coverage. Amount of assistance is dependent on total household income.
Foundation Patient Assistance Program
Provides medications free to qualifying
The Medicine Program
Patient assistance program