- This event has passed.
Mindfulness Discussions with MSU
April 12 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EST
2nd Wednesday of the month
1 PM ET / 12 PM CT / 11 AM MT / 10 AM PT
This event will not take place on May 10th but rather May 31st
Join us for Mindfulness Discussions with MSU!
As we all know here at MSU, living with myositis isn’t easy. We understand, empathize, and relate to our journeys together and support each other the best we can.
As a part of this supportive community, we want to introduce the practice of mindfulness. Mindfulness can truly help you find balance and peace, and strengthen your connection to the self.
Angelic Ingram, Holistic Health Practioner and founder of a Mindful Journey to Freedom (expat coach) will lead discussions about mindfulness and related topics and work with the group on activities like meditation, breathwork, and others.
This session is for myositis patients and care partners. You can join to listen or to share.
This is not a support group. We keep the focus of this room on the topic of mindfulness.
Join and learn what mindfulness is and how it might help you through your journey!
Working with mindfulness is often a positive experience, however, some practices may bring up difficult emotions. As always, we encourage you to consider working together with a counselor/therapist, which has many scientifically-backed benefits.
New to Clubhouse?
Here are some quick steps on how to join Clubhouse, a free, audio-only app.
There are several ways you can get on Clubhouse. Below is just one.
- Click here to join the Myositis Support club. This will open a window where you can click to get the app.
- Or, visit the app store for your device and search for and install “Clubhouse.”
- Open the app and create your profile. Photos are encouraged, and having something in your bio is helpful.
- Once you join the Myositis Support club, you will receive notifications in the app when our rooms open. And, you can also see our schedule of rooms, be notified of pop-up rooms, and more.
- When you join us in a Clubhouse session, you can listen or share. We welcome the entire Myositis Community!
Using Clubhouse on your computer/laptop
There is third-party software, Clubdeck, that you can download and install on your computer to use Clubhouse. Clubdeck is available for Windows and Mac OS. You can only be logged in on one device, however. So if you use Clubdeck, you won’t be able to have Clubhouse on your device running at the same time. Check out Clubdeck here.