- This event has passed.
Myositis Reads – A book club for those with myositis
September 19, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm EDT
Myositis Reads with MSU
A bookclub for those living with Myositis on Clubhouse
Care Partners are also welcome.
Every 3rd Monday
3 PM ET / 2 PM CT / 1 PM MT / 12 PM PT
Join us for Myositis Reads!
Join us on Clubhouse for Myositis Reads, a book club for those living with myositis, and care partners, hosted by Mary Oltmans and Kambiz (Kam) Roghanchi.
For the book club for September, we are reading “The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating” by Elisabeth Tova Baily. We will discuss this book at the October Clubhouse session.
TIPS: Call your local library to see if they have the book, used book websites have great prices, and we will talk about reading buddies If that’s something needed!
Some other books on our list are below. We will be asking for ideas for those who participate and vote on future reads.
- Breath by James Nestor.
- The Opioid-Free Pain Relief Kit by Beth Darnall, PhD.
- Ultimate Pulmonary Wellness by Dr Noah Greenspan.
We are open to other titles. Your ideas are encouraged. Kam and Mary will lead the first book discussion. Each month we will encourage two more readers to join us in leading the group.
How do I join?
To join this and all of our members-only Clubhouse rooms, you must first create your free Clubhouse profile using your mobile/tablet device. See steps below to download the Clubhouse app and join our Club, Myositis Support.
Once you are a member of our Clubhouse Club you will receive popup notifications from Clubhouse when rooms start, and you can view and join all sessions we have scheduled.
New to Clubhouse?
Here are some quick steps on how to join Clubhouse, a free, audio-only app.
There are several ways you can get on Clubhouse. Below is just one.
- Click here to join the Myositis Support club. This will open a window where you can click to get the app.
- Or, visit the app store for your device and search for and install “Clubhouse.”
- Open the app and create your profile. Photos are encouraged, and having something in your bio is helpful.
- Once you join the Myositis Support club, you will receive notifications in the app when our rooms open. And, you can also see our schedule of rooms, be notified of pop-up rooms, and more.
- When you join us in a Clubhouse session, you can listen or share. We welcome the entire Myositis Community!
Using Clubhouse on your computer/laptop
There is third-party software, Clubdeck, that you can download and install on your computer to use Clubhouse. Clubdeck is available for Windows and Mac OS. You can only be logged in on one device, however. So if you use Clubdeck, you won’t be able to have Clubhouse on your device running at the same time. Check out Clubdeck here.