Apply to join our all-volunteer Board of Directors
MSU is seeking those who support our mission and vision to join the board of directors, and clinicians and researchers interested in joining our medical advisory committee. All are welcome to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email no later than November 15, 2019.
Due to our desire to keep our relationships with our members at the forefront, we have asked our pro bono attorney, Scott Filmore, to do the initial review of applications. He will then pass qualified candidates on to the board for further review. Please submit your resume and application to Scott Filmore using the email address provided on the application.
Applications are open to everyone! As long as you are willing to take extra time to learn more about the idiopathic inflammatory myopathies (myositis) and the related complications and patient/caregiver experiences, we invite you to apply.
Board Member Expectations
Seeking those with experience in the following:
The Board welcomes and encourages the participation of individuals from a broad range of backgrounds with a passion for their community.
Specifically seeking individuals who will:
- Commit to 20+ hours per month (including conference calls and meetings)
- Work well individually and as a team
- Deliver projects on time
- Commit to fundraising
- Make introductions to MSU when appropriate
- Stay informed about the organization’s matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
Special skills or experience:
- Accounting/Bookkeeping (fund accounting, accrual)
- Donor development and fundraising
- Board governance
- Strategic or long-range planning
- Public relations
- Social Media
- Events and Marketing
- Spanish-speaking individuals
- Website and Social Media design and development
- Prior nonprofit experience is a plus but not required
Also seeking Medical and Scientific Advisors!
Are you a researcher in the field of autoimmunity, immunology, dermatology, neurology, rheumatology, rehabilitation medicine, physiotherapy, infectious disease, pharmacology, or any other applicable research field relating to the idiopathic inflammatory myopathies (IIM), myositis?
Are you a clinician with a vast background in diagnosing and treating myositis?
If so, we invite you to apply, by completing the application (above) and sending it to us, along with your Curriculum Vitae, for consideration as a member of our Medical Advisory Committee.