Join our all volunteer Board of Directors
Currently seeking Medical and Scientific Advisors!
Are you a researcher in the field of autoimmunity, immunology, infectious disease, dermatology, neurology, chemotherapy, pharmacology, or any other applicable research field relating to Myositis?
Are you a physician with an interest in Myositis who has experience interacting with and/or treating Myositis patients? Are you a specialist in a field closely associated with Myopathy and Myositis?
If so, we invite you to apply, by completing the application and sending it to us, along with your Curriculum Vitae, for consideration as a member of our volunteer Medical Advisory Committee.
Seeking those with experience in Marketing and Fundraising
If you have experience in the field of marketing, events and event planning, running campaigns, and fundraising, we are looking for you to join our Board of Directors!
Apply using the details below! Full instructions are listed on the application you can download below.
How to submit your Board interest
We are looking for those interested in joining our Board of Directors. Due to our desire to keep our relationships with our members at the forefront, we have asked our pro bono attorney, Scott Filmore, to do the initial review of applications. He will then pass qualified candidates on to the board members for further review.
Please submit your resume and application to Scott Filmore using the email address provided on the application.
We thank you for your willingness to serve the Myositis community.
- Review the expectations we are looking for in board members.
- Download and fill out the application.
- Submit your application, along with a CV or resume, using the contact information on the application.
Board Member Expectations
- We are looking for board members who are able to work efficiently on their own, take charge of projects and follow through on deadlines, and those who will represent MSU well in the Myositis community.
- We are a working board, meaning that all board members, aside from their board position duties, also take on day-to-day tasks and projects along with the help of our volunteers.
- As a small, working board, we communicate frequently and by various means in between meetings to ensure we all work together.
- Board meeting are held monthly.
- We ask for 8-12 hours per month including attendance at board meetings held via telephone conference calls.
- Board members must be 18 or older and a U.S. citizen.
- We are looking for those who support our mission and vision.
- All Board positions are volunteer.
We are currently seeking:
- Medical and Scientific Advisors who have knowledge of Myositis, experience treating Myositis patients, have an interest in helping to improve the lives of Myositis patients, and who are willing to write, occasionally, for our Articles section.
- People with experience in marketing, events, running successful campaigns, and fundraising.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us first before applying.