Empowering the Myositis Community
The MSU Mission
Our mission is to improve the lives and empower those fighting Myositis through education, support, awareness, advocacy, and access to research.
We are a patient-centered organization that provides:
- Independent, interactive online platforms that educate and connect patients, caregivers and family members with each other and with healthcare professionals.
- Educational resources for patients, families and the healthcare community.
- Need-based financial support for medical-related expenses.
- Information-based advocacy with all levels of policy-makers, insurance companies and other medical services and their decision-makers.
- Innovations in research and treatments through clinical trial matching and by contributing a portion of our donations when possible.
The MSU Vision
Our vision is to create a world where patients, caregivers, and providers have better knowledge, support, and understanding of Myositis.
Through education, support, awareness, advocacy, and access to research, we empower the myositis community.
View the MSU nonprofit approval letter from 2015. Our nonprofit filing was a community-wide effort and we thank all who were involved.
As a nonprofit that is committed to full transparency, we invite you to read our Bylaws that govern the operations and Board of Directors for MSU.
Find us on these nonprofit listings:
Join our email updates and newsletter
Subscribe to our general myositis-related email updates. If you are a member of MSU, you will automatically recieve these updates and there is no need to subscribe here. To register for your free MSU membership and access to The Myositis Community Network, visit UnderstandingMyositis.org/register