Monthly Necrotizing Myopathy Patient Video Support session
April 24 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm EDT
An event every month that begins at 3:00 pm on day Last of the month, repeating until December 25, 2021
One event on December 26, 2021 at 3:00 pm
One event on February 28, 2021 at 3:00 pm
Starting at 3 PM Eastern time
(2 PM CT, 1 PM MT, 12 PM PT)
IMNM Patients, click the button below to register to attend.
NOTE: The Monthly Necrotizing Myopathy Patient Video Support session will be held on Sunday, Feb. 28th at 3 PM ET., instead of our regular day, Sat., Feb. 27th.
Support sessions are never recorded. These are private, real-time video support sessions and not the educational sessions we provide from time-to-time.
Join fellow immune-mediated necrotizing myopathy patients for a private, real-time group video support session and share your challenges, hopes, fears, circumstances, ask questions and talk to others going through the same or similar situations, including the emotional aspects of myositis life.
This session is tailored to those diagnosed with immune-mediated necrotizing myopathy (IMNM), sometimes referred to as necrotizing autoimmune myopathy (NAM).
This session is held the last Saturday of each month at 3 PM Eastern Time. Registration is required. After registration, you will receive an email with details to join. See the link to register at the top of this page.
You do not have to turn your camera on and you will never be required to speak.
Events are listed in Eastern Time. Find the time in your timezone with this time zone converter.
Policies for discussions of COVID-19
When discussing COVID-19, to keep all of our members safe and comfortable, and to protect the integrity of the conversation, we will continue to enforce the rules we put in place during our first session (see below). We will have a no-tolerance policy for these rules and thankfully have not had to use them. We will give one warning and then will ask you to leave the session if you will not comply. We are not equipped to answer the questions about science or conspiracies, and therefore must ask that they are left at the door.
What this video support session is NOT:
- A debate about the science;
- A political discussion;
- A conversation about conspiracy theories;
- Medical advice (beyond what is listed as criteria to call your doctor).
What we hope this video support session will be:
- A safe space to voice your fears among similarly situated people who understand;
- A place to get ideas for staying sane while practicing social distancing, isolation, or quarantine;
- A chance to get ideas for staying safe if you must continue participating in the outside world;
- An opportunity to see that you are not alone.
Session Privacy, Trust, and Behavior
To keep everyone feeling safe, here is a list of our general, but important, policies.
- Anything shared in the video support group session stays there! Just as in our closed online support groups, we trust that you will follow this strict rule. No sharing of private discussions outside of the video support session.
- When sharing, we ask you to be mindful of time.
- We will not debate or discuss politics or religion.
- Anything shared should be audience-appropriate. We will not tolerate foul language, hate speech, bullying, inappropriate comments or jokes, or the promotion of any outside services, products, websites, or other online links that are not related to our discussions.
The views and opinions of session Hosts, Co-hosts, and Volunteers are not that of Myositis Support and Understanding (MSU).
Monthly IMNM Patient Video Support
Start time is listed in Eastern Time.
Jan 30, 2021 03:00 PM
Feb 27, 2021 03:00 PM / rescheduled for Sunday, Feb. 28th
Mar 27, 2021 03:00 PM
Apr 24, 2021 03:00 PM
May 29, 2021 03:00 PM
Jun 26, 2021 03:00 PM
Jul 31, 2021 03:00 PM
Aug 28, 2021 03:00 PM
Sep 25, 2021 03:00 PM
Oct 30, 2021 03:00 PM
Nov 27, 2021 03:00 PM
Dec 18, 2021 03:00 PM (one week early due to the Christmas holiday)